cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject adding platforms to npm for dependency sanity
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 21:20:26 GMT
We've discussed this but I'm not sure the whole idea has crystalized. My
proposal (based on previous discussions) below. I'll use iOS as an example
but this applies to all platforms supported by the CLI.

First, we'd add two files:

cordova-ios
|-package.json
'-index.js

…I don't think I need to describe the utility of package.json but index.js
would expose programatic library apis:

module.exports = { create:Function, run:Function, build:Function,
clean:Function, log:Function}

We then publish to npm. That is it for now. Ideal future CLI uses platforms
just like other deps. We lose lazy loading but network and disk is cheap so
it wasn't really important anyhow.

Discuss!