cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: CDV New-Style tests, please try them out!
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 17:36:43 GMT
Had a look through the README & code. Think it looks might clean!

Only sentiment I have is that I'd like to see our core plugins add tests
via separate plugins so that the test modules don't end up in shipping
applications.
e.g. each cordova plugin could have a subdirectory called "test" that
contains a plugin.xml that depends on the plugin and also defines a test
module.
Reason is that:
- I'm concerned shipping tests with apps will be an unnecessary performance
hit. Autotests are currently 400kb of JS.
- I don't think making it easy to turn an application into a unit test
environment adds much value.