cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Koudritsky <kam...@google.com>
Subject Re: cordova-lib split out
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 20:28:43 GMT
On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon) <
v-segreb@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Just tried to rebase some of my work  (plugman, cli) on top of master
> branches w/o any success due to cordova-lib.
>
> What is the correct dev set up should be? Is below correct?
>
> cordova-cli <- https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli [master]
>     node_modules
>         cordova-lib <-
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-lib.git [master] (github
> mirror is empty)

This is correct ("npm link" should help, check the instructions in the
first main in this thread).

>         plugman <- https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugman [master]

cli no longer depends on plugman

this should give you a working cli checkout.
git clone cordova-lib
cd cordova-lib/cordova-lib
npm link
npm install
cd ../..
git clone cordova-cli
cd cordova-cli
npm link cordova-lib
npm install

> One of the issues I noticed is that cordova-lib repo has additional
> cordova-lib folder inside, I believe src code must be in repo root, not?

There is no restriction on where to put the src (and most importantly the
package.json). In this case, unlike the cli repo, this repo is set up so
that there can be several sibling npm modules at the top of the repo. Just
make sure, that when you are running npm link, to run it from within the
inner cordova-lib dir, so that package.json for cordova lib is in your
current dir.