cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File upload API issue for android
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 15:52:15 GMT
I’m assuming you are using the FileTransfer.upload method.

If the method is not working (no progress, no callbacks, etc) then try the latest Cordova
version (currently 3.4, but 3.5 is days away from being released). If that doesn’t work,
then open a Jira issue as described on http://cordova.apache.org . If you are looking for
a fix, fixes are provided only on the head of the trunk stream, which means that fixes are
released only on subsequent versions, not as patches to older versions. Also be aware that
the transition from 2.9 to 3.0 has a significant change in the tooling and and structure.

On May 12, 2014, at 7:59 AM, vikramsinh.r.ghatge@accenture.com wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> We are stuck in a critical issue in our Android + PhoneGap app  regarding upload functionality.
The upload API of PhoneGap Android 2.9 is a bit unstable inside the app and it is unable to
fire any sort of events - success, error, progress even though the files are getting uploaded
on the server. The same API is stable and working fine with iOS and Windows.

> We have found in many forums that this is a known issue in PhoneGap. We then switched
from PhoneGap 2.5 to PhoneGap 2.7 and then to PhoneGap 2.9 to check if the known issue is
fixed but the events are still not fired even in PhoneGap 2.9. Also the Java APIs cannot be
debugged as they are JAR files.

> Known issues/Risks in PhoneGap2.5 through PhoneGap 2.9 for Android:
>
> 1) File Upload API specifically for Android is very unstable and it has couple of known
and open issues on Apache site.

> 2) Currently on pressing Upload button the file will be uploaded on the server but PhoneGap
2.5~2.9 is not able to return any events:

>  *   Progress: PhoneGap is not returning how much the file is uploaded and hence progress
bar wont be displayed.
>  *   Success: PhoneGap is not returning success flag upon successful file upload on the
server and hence there is no proper way to acknowledge the user whether the file is uploaded.
Files are still uploaded successfully on the server as checked by us and drupal team.
>  *   Error: PhoneGap is not returning error flag and hence there is no proper way to
acknowledge the user whether the file is not uploaded.