cordova-dev mailing list archives

From <vikramsinh.r.gha...@accenture.com>
Subject File upload API issue for android
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 11:59:40 GMT

Hi Team,

We are stuck in a critical issue in our Android + PhoneGap app  regarding upload functionality.
The upload API of PhoneGap Android 2.9 is a bit unstable inside the app and it is unable to
fire any sort of events - success, error, progress even though the files are getting uploaded
on the server. The same API is stable and working fine with iOS and Windows.

We have found in many forums that this is a known issue in PhoneGap. We then switched from
PhoneGap 2.5 to PhoneGap 2.7 and then to PhoneGap 2.9 to check if the known issue is fixed
but the events are still not fired even in PhoneGap 2.9. Also the Java APIs cannot be debugged
as they are JAR files.

Known issues/Risks in PhoneGap2.5 through PhoneGap 2.9 for Android:

1) File Upload API specifically for Android is very unstable and it has couple of known and
open issues on Apache site.

2) Currently on pressing Upload button the file will be uploaded on the server but PhoneGap
2.5~2.9 is not able to return any events:

  *   Progress: PhoneGap is not returning how much the file is uploaded and hence progress
bar wont be displayed.
  *   Success: PhoneGap is not returning success flag upon successful file upload on the server
and hence there is no proper way to acknowledge the user whether the file is uploaded. Files
are still uploaded successfully on the server as checked by us and drupal team.
  *   Error: PhoneGap is not returning error flag and hence there is no proper way to acknowledge
the user whether the file is not uploaded.

Kindly suggest any alternatives or solutions.

Thanks & Regards
Vikramsinh R. Ghatge
Web Solution Group & Digital Solution Factory
India Delivery Center Pune | Mobile: 9823455229 | Desk: 020-66253519
https://go.accenture.com/RIAandFlexCapability

www.accenture.com