cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Wargo, John" <john.wa...@sap.com>
Subject RE: Can we remove merges/ folder from the default application template?
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 12:05:28 GMT
I wouldn't - without it there new devs simply wouldn't know the option even exists.

John M. Wargo
Twitter: @johnwargo

-----Original Message-----
From: Michal Mocny [mailto:mmocny@google.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:34 AM
To: dev
Subject: Can we remove merges/ folder from the default application template?

I'm not proposing we drop support for merges/, I just think that many apps
don't use it so why show it by default?  (We've done something similar for
.cordova/ where its still supported but not created by default unless it
actually has non-default values)

The way merges/ works right now is questionably useful (Michael Brooks had
a long post about that a while ago), and with hooks/ most apps can create a
much better alternative for themselves.

So, not a big deal, but one fewer thing to learn for new devs, and less
temptation for them to try using it..

WDYT?

-Michal