cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Nomination for a new chair for Apache Cordova
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 23:40:19 GMT
On Thu, 1 May 2014 10:18:43 -0700, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for all you've done Brian! Also thank you for all the confidence and
> acclaim everyone that has chimed in. I'll try to do my best for the project
> and for Apache -- to dot the i's and cross all the t's (assuming the Apache
> Board approves of course).

The first i to dot or t to cross would be to send a resolution for the
board to consider, per:

http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newchair

To help keep things moving, I've taken the liberty of creating one for you:

>     A. Change the Apache Cordova Project Chair
>
>        WHEREAS, the Board of Directors heretofore appointed Brian LeRoux to
>        the office of Vice President, Apache Cordova, and
>
>        WHEREAS, the Board of Directors is in receipt of the resignation of
>        Brian LeRoux from the office of Vice President, Apache Cordova, and
>
>        WHEREAS, the Project Management Committee of the Apache Cordova project
>        has chosen by vote to recommend Shazron Abdullah as the successor to
>        the post;
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Brian LeRoux is relieved and
>        discharged from the duties and responsibilities of the office of Vice
>        President, Apache Cordova, and
>
>        BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Shazron Abdullah be and hereby is
>        appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Cordova, to serve in
>        accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
>        and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
>        removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed.

Let me know if this is not what the PMC wishes.

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  I encourage you to familiarize yourself with the process of adding
members to the PMC, as there is a considerable backlog of additions that
have not yet been processed:

http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newpmc