cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Freak Show <freaksho...@me.com>
Subject Re: First stab at Next Steps article
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 17:17:43 GMT
On May 1, 2014, at 8:47 AM, Ray Camden <raycamde@adobe.com> wrote:

> 1. Please don't mention WebSQL.
> RKC: Heh, well, it *works*, but yeah, ok, removed to make it more generic.

Why?  None of my apps work without it.

I only care about ios and android and websql is there.  The day they remove it I will replace
it with a pair of phonegap plugins and sqlite.  I think other platforms should have this capability
too FWIW.  To me - phonegap is the ultimate "screw you" to the squabbling web browser companies.
 We will route around you if you get in our way.

I think WebSQL should be a standard phonegap plugin (and it was in the early days wasn't it?).