cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Camden <rayca...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: First stab at Next Steps article
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 15:47:50 GMT
Replies with RKC.
1. Please don't mention WebSQL.
RKC: Heh, well, it *works*, but yeah, ok, removed to make it more generic.

2. The offline/online event is not a great indicator, it's a hint, but it
can be misleading. People need to try a connection (XHR) to their
destination, if it works, great, if it doesn't that's it. If I'm in a
captive portal, or if I'm in an office, I can easily not have access to
your backend, even though I do have some form of "network access".

RKC: I'm going to add a bit of text to ensure folks know it isn't perfect, and mention the
XHR suggestion, but the big point I think is doing *something*.

3. For Debugging, on BlackBerry 10, you get web inspector out of the box.
https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/v2_0/enabling_web_insp
ector.html
https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/v2_0/debugging_using_w
eb_inspector.html

RKC: Not to diminish BB, but I added a final subsection called Other Options and used this
as a bullet. I assume we can just add more there. If folks feel this should be a top level
item in the section, go ahead. :)

4. I think we decided to favor stack overflow over google groups
RKC: I think both have merit though. If folks feel strongly I can swap em.

5. s/you simulator the accelerometer to test shake events/you simulate the
accelerometer to test shake events/
— this last one means you should introduce the document to WinWord and ask
it for an opinion :).

RKC: Nod, will do a grammar check before we officially hand this off to - whomever - to integrate.
Actually - I have an official editor via Adobe for my blog - I may be able to use him.