cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [Discuss] The Future of Ripple as a Top Level ASF Project
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 18:20:31 GMT
To clarify, I did not mean to diminish the value of Ripple, I was just saying that Ripple is
much more than valuable considering Cordova plugins.
Ripple specializes in "Cordova" like API - deviceready, cordova plugins, etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Camden [mailto:raycamde@adobe.com]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 11:16 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: [Discuss] The Future of Ripple as a Top Level ASF Project

As just an FYI, I couldn't disagree more about your first point ("minimal value"). Now that
Ripple is working again, I find it to be *extremely* helpful for prototyping, quick testing,
and teaching as well. You mention built in emulation in Chrome, and yep, that's nice, but
consider geolocation. In Chrome, you have to enter a long/lat value (and I don't know about
you, but I don't keep those values in my head), in Ripple, you can use a much simpler map
interface to pick your location. Hell, just running deviceready for me automatically is helpful.

Maybe I'm just too passionate about it - but I really don't want to minimize the value of
Ripple.

Sorry - carry on. ;)