cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nomination for a new chair for Apache Cordova
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:47:07 GMT
+1 to Shaz in the PMC Chair role.

Brian, you've done a tremendous job helping to build the community and contribute to the direction.
I hope that doesn't change!

I got to meet Jim and other board members at ApacheCon a couple weeks ago. My takeaway is
that they are super nice people, very reasonable, and want to do "the right thing". I learned
some of the nuance of the Apache Way, and have a better understanding of their perspective.
Though some of the Apache approaches and processes may be different, the overall goals are
not. I believe the flames which have been exchanged here are overblown and would dissipate
quickly during a face-to-face with some beverages. Sometimes email isn't a good vehicle for
understanding another person.