cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What should it mean to +1 a release
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 18:12:01 GMT

On Apr 25, 2014, at 1:55 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:

> Had some discussions about this at ApacheCon, and I think it would be
> good to formalize this in a release-process doc within coho/docs.

Totally agree. I think there is some variation currently in what we understand it means to
"+1 a release". An explicit definition would get us all on the same page.

> Note that this list doesn't include anything about the *quality* of
> the code. This subject was more grey, and is more up to each project
> to figure out.
> - Some projects go as far as reviewing every commit that has occurred
> since the previous commit
>
> For us, I think it depends on the tools / plugin / platform, but in
> general we try to keep master release-worthy at all times, and so
> don't need to do much other than ensure the continuous build is green.

Keeping master consistently release-ready fits both what I heard from the board at ApacheCon,
and how we traditionally do things.

> Most of 1-5 can be automated, so I think that's worth doing (e.g. run
> coho audit-license-headers as a part of the continuous build, e.g. add
> a test that x-refs commit authors with the ICLA page, make "coho
> verify-archive" also check archive contents)

Yeah, automate everything that is reasonably possible.