cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: First stab at Next Steps article
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 21:28:23 GMT
Ray Camden wrote:
> I had 3 hours here at the airport so I took at stab at writing content
> for the Next Steps document. You can find (and edit) the document here:
>
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uJ5qXqQxK2oh1eZPgMdYuhK2rQTB7QMHXUHbkc
>omWgk/edit#

Personally, I favor ether pads / pirate pads.

> The main thing missing now (imo) is the Upgrade section.
> I think with that added - this is in a good place (at least initially).
>
> Thoughts, opinions, etc?

I like it.

> Any volunteers ready to write out the upgrade section?

I don't want to set up a Google account at work, but
1. Please don't mention WebSQL.
2. The offline/online event is not a great indicator, it's a hint, but it
can be misleading. People need to try a connection (XHR) to their
destination, if it works, great, if it doesn't that's it. If I'm in a
captive portal, or if I'm in an office, I can easily not have access to
your backend, even though I do have some form of "network access".
3. For Debugging, on BlackBerry 10, you get web inspector out of the box.
https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/v2_0/enabling_web_insp
ector.html
https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/v2_0/debugging_using_w
eb_inspector.html

4. I think we decided to favor stack overflow over google groups
5. s/you simulator the accelerometer to test shake events/you simulate the
accelerometer to test shake events/
— this last one means you should introduce the document to WinWord and ask
it for an opinion :).