cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Update to docs.cordova.io Redirect Server
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 18:39:05 GMT
Hey all,

In the past, we've used Nodejitsu to host a server that redirects /
rewrites requests from docs.cordova.io to cordova.apache.org/docs/.

Today, I've switched the hosting to Heroku. There are two main reasons for
this change:

1. Heroku supports project collaborators while Nodejitsu does not. For
Cordova, this has been a pain-point because no single person should own a
project.

2. Nodejitsu has been awesome enough to wave the cost of hosting and
provide the service for free. Unfortunately, once in a while a bill slips
through the cracks and I end up paying for the months hosting.

I've updated the DNS to now point to Heroku. As with the usual DNS story,
expect docs.cordova.io to take a while to propagate. If anyone reports a
broken docs.cordova.io link, just let them know that we're switching hosts
and it'll be back online in a few hours.

If you'd like to be added as a collaborator, just let me know your Heroku
username.

All development and deployment details have been updated in the
cordova-labs:docs-cordova-io branch [1].

Michael

[1]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-labs.git;a=blob;f=README.md;h=3c18a3a6e8a6f04e085723e0a1fc9bba2db64753;hb=refs/heads/docs-cordova-io