cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Billau <mike.bil...@gmail.com>
Subject should FileTransfer.download() auto mkdir target's path?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 17:57:52 GMT
Hello,

When using FileTransfer.download(), if the target location contains folders
that do not exist on the device, should FileTransfer auto-magically mkdir
these folders to save the download?

If target= /foo/image.png, and if /foo/ doesn't exist, Android will create
the /foo/ dir for you. WP8 doesn't seem to do this and will instead return
with an error. I don't know which implementation should be considered
"correct." It seems like a "good" dev should first check that the target
exists and create it before saving the image, but I'm all for making things
easier for the developer and just doing it auto-magically (I hate that
word...)

I'm using 3.1 btw, sigh and sorry! Thanks everyone for your opinions.