cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Billau <mike.bil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: should FileTransfer.download() auto mkdir target's path?
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:29:18 GMT

> We can choose to make file-transfer it's own (higher level) thing with it's
> own conventions, or we can aim for cohesiveness ... the original design was
> based on being cohesive, I think.

While I feel like being cohesive and in line with the File API is the
better choice, it seems that since Android and iOS already implement the
mkdir functionality, FileTransfer is already its own thing. It seems like
it would be more of a headache to deprecate the mkdir feature on Android
and iOS than it would be to just say "FileTransfer is it's own higher level
thing" and bring WP8 into alignment. And who knows, maybe we will want to
add new functionality into FileTransfer in the future (although I can't
think of any examples.) If nobody has any issues I'll create the JIRA issue
for WP8.