cordova-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] cordova-plugman@0.21.0
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 01:21:34 GMT
On 9 April 2014 01:38, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:
> I suppose this will make it more obvious when voting has concluded, but it
> puts the result out of the actual vote thread.

That's a pain - I'd not noticed that before.

I'm a bit surprised that changing the subject has the effect of
breaking the threading.
I don't think that is supposed to happen.

[Later]
It seems that Google mail has changed the way it handles changes of
subject, thereby breaking the threading.

For an example of a [RESULT] mail (from Google) that is correctly
threaded, have a look at [1]

If you click on the << to the left of Thread you can see that it is
properly threaded.

Likewise in the mailbox display [2] - search for "based on RC2"

However recent GMail replies no longer work properly.

I suspect (hope) other e-mail clients don't break threading that way...

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/200802.mbox/%3C55afdc850802240403n4d6f3ae7o5bfa09bc6c3b3a53%40mail.gmail.com%3E
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/200802.mbox/thread?2

> Someone reading the vote
> thread might not realize that the vote is closed if the result is not made
> a part of the thread.

Indeed, but when the conventiion was established at Apache, it worked
as intended.
Shame on Google for breaking it!