cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: support on phonegap/cordova?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 14:48:09 GMT
On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 5:33 AM, Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
> (not subscribed to list)
>
> Terrence brings up a critical point about how the Apache Way works:

I knew that the "Apache Way" would be mentioned.  Every time we have
to do something that makes no sense, hurts or users, it's because of
"The Apache Way"!

The fact is that our users are not technically adept and I doubt that
they could find a Cordova users list, and that if they found such a
users list, most of them would eventually be stuck on that list
forever because they wouldn't know how to unsubscribe from that list.
Also, searching for anything on the archives of the Apache lists is
extremely painful, and the only times I've seen that happen is when
malicious Apache members want to go and smear the crap out of the
project finding every time I've bashed the ASF and "the Apache Way".
I think most of our users will get frustrated by markmail and will
either ask the same thing over and over again, even though it's in the
docs or just leave.

Can we for once actually think of our users and not how to mess them
over with "The Apache Way"?