cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nomination for a new chair for Apache Cordova
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 01:03:44 GMT
On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 5:52 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> There is one other aspect of the chair which, for a somewhat
> newish PMC is important: The entire PMC is responsible for
> ensuring that the project is run in a way which abides by,
> and embraces, the "Apache Way"... when it doesn't, the
> Chair needs to (1) know that the PMC is going awry and
> (2) encourage the PMC to fix those problems and (3)
> interact w/ the board if the PMC needs help in doing so.

So, who is to protect the PMC from yourself and rest of the board
trying to destroy the project with insults and vitriol?  While I
believe that Shazron is up to the task, I'm convinced that "The Apache
Way" is the worst way to run a software project, and that the Apache
Board spends all their time trying to find ways to debate itself into
irrelevancy.  I wish that we never joined the ASF, and honestly when
you told us that we should leave months ago, I welcomed it.  That
being said, we're still here, despite your best efforts. We've seen
what happens when the board tries to help, and it generally pisses a
bunch of committers off, and ends up with people insulting each other
personally.  This response to your first e-mail on this list should
not come as any surprise.

The fact is that Shaz fits well, because unlike me, he is diplomatic
and won't tell you to jump off a cliff every time you or any other
Apache person comes in and tries to interfere with our project.