cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Refactoring for different engines
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 14:55:37 GMT
So, when Apache publishes something, it has fill the following criteria:

- All source code must have their licence headers intact
- All third-party source code must be mentioned in the NOTICE file
- No Binary Blobs - No compiled libraries, which include JARs and
shared object files (including the pak).

Now, with Crosswalk, there's obviously the Chromium Library that we
need, so we need a way to get that into the generated project somehow.
 The easiest way is with plugman, but the issue is that Apache can't
legally pass around binary blobs when it does an official release of
anything.  Intel, OTOH, isn't restricted by cumbersome open source
foundation rules, and can do so.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 7:43 AM, Hu, Ningxin <ningxin.hu@intel.com> wrote:
>> - who publishes the plugins, intel or cordova?
>
> For this open, could someone elaborate it a little bit more? What does it mean? I remembered
someone mentioned the license is open in the hangouts, any details?