cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [cordova-js] do we need <clobbers/>, <merges/> ?
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 21:15:46 GMT
On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:

> I think symbol mapping comes with some nuances, and having the them in a
> declarative way makes it easier than telling all plugins to write their JS
> in a certain way.

Makes what "exactly" easier ?

> It's a level of indirection that gives us the ability to
> control exactly *when* the mapping happens for example.

Why does this matter ?

> The question of whether we *need* them is not a good way to phrase it I
> think. Rather:
> Pros? Cons? Worth changing at this point?

Pros: I don't see any. Like Michal suggested in another post, I see the
benefit of having a lib (builder.js) that clobbers/merges namespaces that
plugins could consume. I don't see the benefits of dedicated XML tags.

Cons:

Unnecessary complexity

It is not worth changing. Just worth dropping support for in my opinion.
And not now but 6 months after we decide to do it.