cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject [iOS] CB-6441 System frameworks issue
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 00:42:33 GMT
There are currently a lot people reporting this issue on the google groups.

iOS frameworks don't get added when plugin with dependencies gets
installed. It's a big problem because projects don't compile.

A great example of this is: mobile-spec/dependencies-plugin/. It seems like
the double caching of pbxproject file in plugman (platforms,
config-changes) is causing this and deleting this line [1] fixes it.

<sidenote>this would have been easier for me to figure out if everything
was broken out into shorter discreet modules. Instead it took me several
hours.</sidenote>

The change was introduced with this pull request it seems:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugman/pull/45/files

I am not sure what the proper fix is. I love performance but I love
reliability even more. I think ideally we'd have one cache shared across
modules but we need an immediate fix for this so unless someone thinks they
can implement it before the next release I propose that we don't use the
cache for the time being.

Thoughts ?

[1]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-plugman.git;a=blob;f=src/platforms/ios.js;h=9631e6450c4481def593a8043519d2e55a9e69f2;hb=HEAD#l156