cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gonzalez Glez <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Cordova guidelines part of ContributorWorkflow
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 21:15:43 GMT
jshint is really cool. Agree, +1 for jshint.

A couple of questions about this, which are gonna be the validation rules?
I mean, we have to be in the same page about which are gonna be those rules.
Besides, how the users are going to use it? First they need to have the
node module installed, and then, use a set of validation rules that we are
going to provide?

How it's gonna be? use a .jshintrc file with all the rules, general rules
provided by the community, or each cordova component would contain a
jshintConfig/package.json with specific validation rules. CLI+rules,
platforms + rules, plugins + rules
It's gonna be optional(recommended)or as requirement to deliver code, the
usage of jshint before commit files? the contributors would need send any
evidence, that proves that their code has passed the validation?
Any thoughts?

Jshint, it's awesome and a really good solution, I really like it.