cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.5.0rc1
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 19:17:48 GMT
I can take a crack at updating our cadence release process to better
represent dist/.

I think for the 3.5.0 release, we add package.json files to all platforms
and publish to npm as well as dist. I have created an issue to track this
[1]. This way we can begin work on the CLI post 3.5.0 to use the npm
releases instead of fetching from our git servers.

I am going to start the release train for 3.5.0 as soon as I add these.

I say we aim to make 3.5.0 our last cadence release. I'm hoping to switch
to independent platform releases.

As for docs, I don't think everyone is convinced yet that loosing the
version numbers is the way to go. I say we add version 3.5.0 to docs and
then make the switch to edge for the next cli release. That way it fits
well with this being our last cadence release.

We should also take this opportunity to let our community know that 3.5.0
will be the final cadence release. They should focus on CLI updates from
now on.