cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Android] Refactoring for different engines
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 16:00:34 GMT
https://staging.talkgadget.google.com/hangouts/_/7ecpi3uaclcuedn7imn6b9jdqc

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hangout link for this morning?
>
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Hu, Ningxin <ningxin.hu@intel.com> wrote:
> >> Are people also going to use older (1-4) versions of Crosswalk? Or is
> the
> >> plan to encourage people to only use either stable or beta versions?
> >

> > Crosswalk follows release cycles similar to Chromium. Current canary is
> > Crosswalk-6, beta is 5 and stable is 4. The developers work on canary for
> > new features. The public embedding API is a new feature for Crosswalk-6.
> If
> > we want to release cordova-corsswalk-engine, the Crosswalk-6 would be the
> > initial version.
> >

> >> That would be good to have -- I'd like to have some kind of warning that
> >> new changes in the upstream project break the plugin :)
> >

> > +1. So the bot need to build and run mobilespec test suite. Do you know
> > whether the bot can drive mobilespec via adb?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > -ningxin

 For
> >> some

> >> finally

> and

Android
> >> WebView

> >> they

> >> ningxin.hu@intel.com>

> >> If it

On
> Behalf
> >> Of
different engines

some time to

there are other
> >> cordova
 It would be
> nice
> >> if
we are all going
> in
> >> the

refactoring the WebView
> >> API to
(Previously the layer
> >> API

work with you to get

7:08 AM
for different
> engines

updates to the plugin
although there's
> still
> >> the
with the
> Crosswalk

CLI at all, but it should
> be

PM, Michal Mocny
down in California and way
> >> busy.
 Super excited about this,
> >> though.)

2:53 PM, Joe Bowser

at this, and see if/when we
> >> should
re-write the tests still, but
> >> would
merging it in.  Also, it'd
people could try and make a
> >> WebView
and recommend which methods
> >> should
this released in the next month
> or
> >> so,
would be greatly
> appreciated.

at 3:50 PM, Joe Bowser
the following today to track
> various

repo created.  The licensing is
> >> ugly as
a Proof-Of-Concept:

> https://github.com/infil00p/cordova-crosswalk-engine

help getting plugman to just
> load

probably get this ready to go into
> >> Android
months and deprecate the
> setProperty
all properties should be
> preferences
> >> in

2014 at 2:42 PM, Joe Bowser
would be additional benefits to
> this
fixes being added to that
> platform
> >> more
probably take a look at that once
> >> have

10, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Brian LeRoux
great stuff

it may be possible to bring in
> amazon

Mar 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Joe Bowser

I committed it in my repo, not the main
> >> Apache

Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Joe Bowser

Hey

I just committed some code based on their
> >> WebView

modifications that allows you to choose your

in the

    <preference name="webView"

va

Web

View

" />

You currently have to copy over the *.pak
> file
> >> and

the jsapi from a Crosswalk Example project to
> >> get

this to work.  The next thing that I'm going
> >> do

figure out how to write this as a plugin and
> >> have it

install on a default

Also, right now the bridge doesn't seem to
> >> work, and

I don't know why exactly.  That being said,
> the

that I can choose which version of
> >> Chrome/Chromium

I'm running with

single XML preference is HUGE.

There's definitely a lot more work that needs
> >> to be

done, but as

as we have something that we can fit into the

interface, we should

able to put in things like GeckoView or other
> >> third

party

The nightmare of being stuck with bullshit
> >> WebView

bugs may soon be over.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Michal Mocny

<mmocny@chromium.org>

va

-an

droi

First patch they landed, which claims to
> have
> >> min

viable xwalk

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 11:37 PM, Michal

<mmocny@chromium.org

I haven't looked yet, but did you see:

> [...]
va

-an

droi

?

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Andrew
> >> Grieve <

First - very excited that you're working
> on
> >> this!

Had a quick look. Not sure there's much to

be

Once

in on hooking up x-walk's webview I think
> it
> >> will

become more

the interface should look like. E.g., does
> >> x-walk

even have the
of

ChromeClient vs WebViewClient vs WebView?
> >> Also

unsure whether the

should extend android.View as well as
> >> implement

our

alternative is to have a "getView()"
> method
> >> on

cut down on file sizes, and API surface,
> but

again, I'm not too

I've been pretty hesitant to touch
> existing

exposed members

public fields you were referring to) since

touching anything

break plugins. That said, maybe now is a

good

to @deprecate

of

them and either replace them with getters,

or

declare them

exposed to plugins.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Joe Bowser

<bowserj@gmail.com>