cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Automate signed icla to git commits
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 20:10:28 GMT
I doubt we could do a <10 lines policy -- I'm sure there are plenty of
significant changes that could be implemented in 10 lines or less. (Or a
series of <10 line commits)

I wouldn't want to have any policy in place that made it easy for us to
automatically miss potential ASF policy violations.

Instead, just don't worry about any commit hook, and have a coho tool that
scans the repo for all commits *since the last release* -- not since the
beginning of time -- looking for non-CLA-signed-contributions. The release
manager can make an executive decision at that point.

This way, the release process becomes a gate, of sorts. We always know that
someone has vetted all of the contributions up to and including the last
signed release, and only have to worry about the small number of commits
that have happened since.