cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: support on phonegap/cordova?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 14:08:49 GMT
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> So first: we don't *have* have to have users@ list.  This isn't about
> "apache way" at all, this is in response to several user inquiries asking
> for a user list to point them to.

Exactly this. Talking to ASF folks in Denver last week, there really aren't
many hard requirements on us, and a users@ list definitely isn't one of
them.

(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ has a big list of all of the
lists that Apache projects run, and certainly not all of them have a users
list)

We talked at the conference about asking infra@ for a users list, but this
was more about the Cordova vs. PhoneGap branding, and answering the
question "How do I get help with Cordova?" with something other than "You
need to ask about PhoneGap". The PhoneGap group certainly made sense when
PhoneGap was the brand, and probably still made sense when the name
changed, but makes less sense every day, as there are more and more people
using the open source project, who may have never heard of PhoneGap, the
product.

(Also, it's odd to direct people to a Google group about an Adobe product
when they're working with an Apache open source project :) )