cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [File Plugin, iOS] What to do with FileEntry.setMetadata?
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:03:58 GMT
It's not in the File API spec; it's in the "File API: Directories and
System" (http://www.w3.org/TR/file-system-api/#methods-2), which is what
our File plugin is largely based on.

(Unfortunately, it's now one of two competing File System specs at the W3C,
and it looks like it's losing. The last I heard, that document is going to
be relegated to "Note" status, and the browser vendors are going to move
forward with Mozilla's FileSystem API spec:
http://w3c.github.io/filesystem-api/Overview.html. We may be left on our
own supporting this particular spec.)

Ian