cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Automate signed icla to git commits
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 18:55:41 GMT
The automation of icla contributors being compared to commits was mentioned
in another thread[1].

>> 3 - Code is made up of commits by individuals that have signed the
>> ICLA (or that are trivial commits)

I foresee issues as there are lots of cases where github usernames are not
easily compared to actual names. purplecabbage -> Jesse MacFadyen for one!
 In some cases github does not even contain the real name of the user.

Maintaining a list would not only make this easy to automate, but it would
help anyone looking to accept a pull-req from having to vet the
contributor.

This would require a change to our contributor workflow, but how should we
do it? Some ideas.
1. Email to the dev list with a special subject ex. IAM Name->githubUser
2. add your info to a wiki page
3. add git username to the icla form ( not sure we can add to it )
4. when one of us vets someone, we add them to a private? list somewhere
5. ... ?

[1] http://markmail.org/message/qyrvfae7ic526dgw

@purplecabbage
risingj.com