cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 20:43:38 GMT
The PhoneGap mailing list has 20k users, and receives an average of 1000
posts in 400 topics every month.
In my opinion, the mailing list was the main reason that PhoneGap gained so
much early adoption as we used to spend a great deal of time helping users,
and learning from them about what needed clarification, or simplification.
In the context of the mailing list, the names 'phonegap' and 'cordova' are
generally used interchangeably.
I would not expect asking everyone to move to a new list would help anyone.
 I think Stack Overflow is a good alternative option.

Generally though, I think everyone should spend some time on the 'phonegap'
mailing list so they can familiarize yourself with the problems that real
users have everyday.  There is a wealth of real world data there.  I feel a
lot of the recent 'must have' features suggested here on the cordova dev
list have very little to do with helping people, and more to do with self
gratification and/or developer gold-plating. ... but that could just be me.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com