cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Axel Nennker <ignisvul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cordova launcher icon support https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli/pull/126
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 13:02:19 GMT
Hm, I thought the intention of the platform element was to have platform
specific preferences but it is implemented so that it operates on all
elements in config.xml. Which might lead to strange effects like having a
different name for different platforms.
I can't find the discussion about this on the list and the commit does not
have the issue CB-abcd as a commit comment.
Anyway: I think that ConfigParser.js is now not doing what scripts using it
can expect: As a platform parser I do not expect to get values that are not
for my platform which currently the case. I admit that this is a
theoretical discussion with current real-world config.xml-s but I think
that something like

<widget id="com.example.hello" version="0.0.1">

 <platform name="ios">

        <name>Hello iOS</name>

 <platform/>

<name>HelloWorld</name>

        <description>
            A sample Apache Cordova application that responds to the
deviceready <http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.4.0/cordova_events_events.md.html#deviceready>
event.
        </description>
        <author email="dev@callback.apache.org" href="http://cordova.io">