cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for cli and plugman code rearrangement
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 18:58:45 GMT
I was going to suggest node_modules but I think it doesn't work for us
since we have two top level npm pacakges. If one top level npm pacakge in
the repo then its fine.

|cli
| '-package.json
| '-node_modules/util_a
|plugman
| '-package.json
| '-node_modules/util_a

means "util_a" will be duplicated in repo
plugman/node_modules/util_a
cli/node_modules/util_a

or
if you have
node_module/util_a at the root, npm link ../node_modules/util_a still needs
to be done for cli and plugman node modules.

that's why I suggested to do the node_modules at dev/publish time to
populate the both node_modules one for cli and one for plugman

Or maybe I missed something.

The tag for smaller modules, might be tricky but at the same time not
necessary if they are consider bundle/private and living in same repo

Thanks Brian for putting the question out there on twitter interesting
feedback.

--Carlos

--
Carlos Santana