cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] cordoav-cli@3.4.1-0.1.0, cordova-plugman@0.21.0 and cordova-ios@3.4.1
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:55:37 GMT
Deleting shrinkwrap.json to do testing is a bad practice.

One of the main reasons for testing with shrinkwrap.json is to make sure
everyone test the same dependencies version for the whole dependency graph.
and users get what we tested.

I think it's OK to manually edit the package.json and shrinkwrap.json to
update only the plugman version to a different one or local one, but do not
delete the shrinkwrap.json so the other dependencies get tested as intended
to be release.

This was the agreement from the discussion here:
http://markmail.org/thread/j6bv5bk5ndlokobj

--Carlos

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com> wrote:

> This vote has failed and has been broken into separate vote threads.
>

> On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Just chatted with Ian at the bar about this.
> >
> > I think the best way to move forward is to vote on plugman first, release
> > it and then make sure cli has proper references and vote on that.
> >
> > I'll send out a thread now
> >

> > On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 9:39 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Steve,
> >> Not sure what the next steps are -- are the -1s being resolved so we can
> >> get this out? Let me know how I can help.

> >> release

> >> use

> >> bryan@bryanhiggins.net

> iclelland@chromium.org