cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Plugin master branches
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:16:06 GMT
+1 on using one branch "master"

But, should we look into changing/enhancing the default behavior for "git"
plugin install implementation to:

if just a git url "https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser"
it will query the tags/releases, and not pull latest commit and instead
pull down latest release "r.0.4.0" from master.

Or it's not worth? user can just do "
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser@r.0.4.0"

--Carlos

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> Also, it will only "break" new plugin installs.
>

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org
> >wrote:
>
> > To be clear, this is just referring to Cordova CLI versions 3.0.0 -
> 3.0.4,
> > I think. By version 3.0.5, CLI had a dependency on plugman 0.10.0, which
> > included the "plugman-registry" branch. (We didn't push anything to the
> > registry until 3.1 was released, but we made sure that the infrastructure
> > was ready a while before).
> >
> > If it is possible to use later versions of cordova-cli on a project that
> > uses Cordova 3.0 engines, then we should be clear that we're not breaking
> > Cordova 3.0 projects; just the oldest versions of the CLI, which
> developers
> > should be encouraged to upgrade in any case.
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Didn't know about npm deprecate. Makes sense to me!

> > 3.1
> > > are
> > and
> > > can