cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <>
Subject Re: support on phonegap/cordova?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 15:42:32 GMT
I think having a user@ can be created, but in practice no value add

1. users will not use it (for various reasons already mentioned in this
2. committers and subject matter experts will not use it to answer
questions (if they do, just to copy paste a template "use jira or SO")

If the problem is that we don't trust SO to be there tomorrow and go
offline, then lets implement an archive that backups all questions and
answers tag with "cordova" and for that matter also backup the phonegap
google group :-).

IMHO I think SO and google groups are reliable ecosystems and they will not
go down tomorrow, and if they are not around in 50 years that's fine if at
least they are around for 6 months which is I think how long people have
current issues and problems that are relevant to this project.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Joe Bowser <> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 5:33 AM, Shane Curcuru <>
> wrote:
> > (not subscribed to list)
> >
> > Terrence brings up a critical point about how the Apache Way works:
> >
> I knew that the "Apache Way" would be mentioned.  Every time we have
> to do something that makes no sense, hurts or users, it's because of
> "The Apache Way"!
> The fact is that our users are not technically adept and I doubt that
> they could find a Cordova users list, and that if they found such a
> users list, most of them would eventually be stuck on that list
> forever because they wouldn't know how to unsubscribe from that list.
> Also, searching for anything on the archives of the Apache lists is
> extremely painful, and the only times I've seen that happen is when
> malicious Apache members want to go and smear the crap out of the
> project finding every time I've bashed the ASF and "the Apache Way".
> I think most of our users will get frustrated by markmail and will
> either ask the same thing over and over again, even though it's in the
> docs or just leave.
> Can we for once actually think of our users and not how to mess them
> over with "The Apache Way"?

Carlos Santana