cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Frederico Galv√£o <frederico.gal...@pontoget.com.br>
Subject Re: [Discuss] The Future of Ripple as a Top Level ASF Project
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 21:30:36 GMT
Although I agree completely that Ripple is awesome both underneath and in
the UI, it'd have to go up quite a length to reach what Chrome already
provides on mobile emulation. I'm talking about custom device
creation/emulation, touch emulation, viewport automatic sizing and custom
pixel-ratio, among some GPU related bugs regarding frames and lists that
I've seen using Ripple.

I think it's a very nice idea (the best, probably) to bring Ripple closer
to Cordova, and I'd like to see it and cordova-browser become very
intertwined to provide me with the hidden magic that's required to develop
and test a cordova application on desktop Chrome. It's the right way to do
what many of the long gone Cordova/Phonegap polyfills and mocks for desktop
browser tried to do a year or two ago.

Also, AFAIK, a great portion of what cordova-browser needs to be ready is
already done in Ripple, so it would be kind of a migration/import anyway.

I'm looking forward to this!