cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: support on phonegap/cordova?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:37:16 GMT
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldeluca@us.ibm.com>wrote:

> Michal +1.
>
> 1. Create a user@ group that we use to encourage users to post questions
> on SO.

Well this is the question, isn't it :)  Ian nails the root question as "How
do I get help with Cordova?" with an answer other than "You need to ask
about PhoneGap".  But we seem to all agree that SO is better than users@.
 So: I'd just start with an update the website, and see what happens.  If
we find that we really do a need an ML (hey, we haven't so far), then we
can reinvestigate.  Is that fair?

> 2. Update website to remove reference to PhoneGap Google Group and include
> reference to the user@ mailing list

I'd leave a reference to the existing phonegap group, for those that want
to search its history or whatnot.  We just need a general section on the
front page on how to find help/support and explain the primary source is
SO.  We could also start to try to direct traffic from the PG Group to SO,
but I leave that to those that actually moderate that list to decide.

> 3. remove the IRC #phonegap reference as well

I'm indifferent here.  I suspect most folks who actually know how to use
irc know how to find the channel ;) so maybe we don't need to refer to it.
 But I'm not opposed to calling out that we do have an irc channel, and I
certainly wouldn't want to split audience across #phonegap and #cordova.

> Is everyone in agreement on this?  Do we need to add an item to our
> hangout agenda today to discuss further?

May as well mention it for those who are not caught up on email.  I hope
this won't need more than 3 minutes.