cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Some pain points from our users :'(
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:14:44 GMT
I think this particular users' frustration is not addressable (and his
feedback in places is just annoying:  "you work for X and I demand that you
should have the money to do everything for me").
He hasn't maintained his project for 2 years, hasn't read our docs, hasn't
written tests to guard against platform assumptions, and expects to update
everything in a few hours.
There are a few issues he got hit with (plugin authoring with the CLI is a
pain in the butt, 3.4 release plugin docs issue), but generally its
probably not worth putting to much weight into it.

More broadly, though, perhaps we should acknowledge that we will never
catch all issues with releases and try to find ways to incentivize the
community to help test out RC's for us?  Perhaps a dedicated mailing list
for known developers who stay bleeding edge that we email as part of
starting the release vote process / at the end of [DISCUSS] thread?

-Michal