cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Hooks
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 16:33:15 GMT
I was brainstorming about this a week ago.  Specifically, there is also an
issue to support "git clone" as the source for an application template, and
that one gets tricky with the current way we link/copy.

An app consists of (and we should import all of) the following:
- www
- config.xml
- hooks
- merges

So, talking with Mark about what the CLI does during "cordova create" (not
much), the only thing stopping us from supporting a workflow using actual
cp -r, ln -s, or git clone is that there must exist a platforms/ and
plugins/ folder.  Thats it.

After we fix that problem, the workflow would be:
- Create a new cordova workspace with, Option 1: cordova create.  Option 2:
cp -r/ln -s/git clone an existing/boilerplate project
- cordova prepare (will auto-create platforms/ and plugins/ and
auto-install the necessary versions after Gorken finishes his work)

I think that is a better workflow than passing arguments to cordova create
to do the imports by copy/link/clone/etc.

-Michal