cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for cli and plugman code rearrangement
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:56:02 GMT
On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:

> Some points of discussion for evaluating one repo vs multiple repos:
>
> - Git Tags
> - Atomic commits
> - Going back in time (checking out points in history)
> - Co-ordinating Pull Requests

Also:
- Expectations from external contributors
- Transitioning from what we have today
- Overhead of breaking out code into an npm module

And some specific questions to discuss today:
- should plugman module contain the CLI interface only -- forward calls to
dedicated plugin management npm modules (same as cordova), or should it
itself implement those modules?
- If we start with a single code repo for npm modules:
  - do we include cordova and plugman CLI interfaces or just
implementations?
  - How do we import module implementation and retain history (git magic)
- node_modules/ folder suggestion from Isaacs on twitter -- protip or joke?
- name for "cordova-lib" -- whats common on npm?
- Testing

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 4:14 PM, purplecabbage <purplecabbage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Oops, I am okay with anytime tomorrow.
> > How can they not list time zones in the UI?
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> >> On Apr 16, 2014, at 3:05 PM, Victor Sosa <sosah.victor@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Great!! Thanks Mark