cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [JS] merging to master for cordova-js and cordova-plugman
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 04:53:56 GMT
TLDR; Ran a bunch of experiments tonight.  I think this is too early to
merge into master.  We pointed out several issues in previous threads and
seems they were ignored.

Few quick comments from trying this:
- cordova-js is a new dependency of plugman, and needs to be npm linked to
local dev version
- Seems we run browserify after each plugin add (possibly due to an
auto-prepare?) so creating projects like mobilespec or any mobile chrome
app is now *much* slower (measured in minutes)
  - Each cordova prepare now takes 6.5s on a very small project :'(

Things that are currently found broken:
- prepare step fails for my cordova testing application after
installing org.apache.cordova.contacts, and
- prepare step fails for *all* cca apps because of same error as above, but
for chrome.runtime plugin :(
  - These issues seem due to js-modules not being browserify-ed properly.
 It may be that both are bad modules (?), but it used to work fine!

I did get a few apps running fine, so at least we got that going for us ;)

Still to do:
- track impact tp startup time
- see if there aren't any plugins with subtle bugs due to auto-runs
behaviour

-Michal