cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:57:48 GMT
Not sure I would use the argument "make users less aware of phonegap" as a
reason for this ;) but I agree that its a bit confusing for existing users
of cordova core to be directed to phonegap support (see timely reply to the
original thread from another user).

I much prefer directing user questions to stack overflow, though, where
there is much better support for handling duplicate questions, prioritizing
useful answers, and you generally get much more community contributions for
answering questions, so I'd really prefer we advertise that avenue for
support on our website first and foremost.

For user questions that do need to go to a mailing list (is there ever a
case?), I guess I don't mind which list it goes to (dev@ or users@).  I
just mind the inevitably frequent repetitive low quality questions by users
who just didn't do their research.  Stack overflow solves that problem much
better.

My 2cents.

-Michal