cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [iOS] Objective-C object binding to UIWebWiew's JavaScriptCore
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 18:27:15 GMT
I've always thought of it as a conditional compilation option (#ifdef
DEBUG).
A plugin is a good idea, that way it is isolated. The plugin would be an
implementation of CDVCommandDelegate
and would clobber
https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/blob/e7537107f02d6bc22a6dc8d68ea8685d2fd5cb8a/CordovaLib/Classes/CDVViewController.h#L50

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>wrote:

> Put it behind a compile-time flag? Implement it as a plugin?
>

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:56 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:
>
> > Anyone have an app up on the ios app store that is willing to run a quick
> > experiment?
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > We would need to be careful -- including it as a bridge option might
> mean
> > > bundling the native support code with everyone's app builds.
> > >
> > > Apple has been suspected of doing static analysis of all submitted
> > > binaries, looking specifically for use of undocumented messages /
> > features.
> > > Just having the code in there that could potentially handle this bridge
> > > might be poison for people submitting apps to the store.
> > >
> > > Ian

> > > core

JS