cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: [cordova-js] do we need <clobbers/>, <merges/> ?
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 00:40:16 GMT
As they say: patches welcome. We didn't just pick Browserify without
thinking this through: with code. From my perspective using an external
tool focused on the problem that is battle hardened is better than
maintaining our own and Browserify is the best of the bunch.

I don't care if it has many dependencies so long as it itself is tested
well. Agree, ES6 modules would be great but that is not happening anytime
soon for the mobile web. Webpack solves the problem without having an
opinion, a great deal of optional config, making it fragile (imo). I'm not
a fan requirejs (or indeed amd in general) for cases wherein we just concat
to a single file and load it once anyhow negating its only promise.

The cons are wrong. You can import plugins and indeed you can test plugins.
The statement that we shouldn't need to compile/transpile is not correct if
we want to evolve things. Its the only path we have that will keep things
backwards compatible. (That we could determine.) Again, we welcome a branch
that demonstrates alternatives.