cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Nomination for a new chair for Apache Cordova
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 21:34:55 GMT
Hello Cordova community. To this point I've served as the chair for the
Cordova PMC.

The duties of chair are solely administrative: board reports, and book
keeping of committer nominations. Some projects at Apache have more formal
incantations. We have, so far, preferred to maintain our lightweight
approach meaning a committer is a PMC member too. This involves sending an
email, updating a text file in SVN, and running a few perl scripts on
http://people.apache.org. Keeping those books is important if some day
there is a dispute to the veracity of our source.

In evaluation of  my current workload these additional book keeping
responsibilities are not appropriate for me to prioritize and that is not
fair to Cordova.

I'm going to step down as chair for Cordova and I would like to nominate
Shazron Abdullha to take on the role. Shaz has been with the project since
before it was called Cordova. He lands more code than most, interacts
directly with the community more than anyone, and is committed to work on
Cordova solely full time. He'll be a better chair than I ever was.

I won't be going anywhere and (I hope!) this means I can contribute more
code than emails in the future. We can be formal and go to a vote if there
is objection or interest in seeing someone else take the admin duties on.
Otherwise, I'll aim to shoot the board official notice early next week.