cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Some pain points from our users :'(
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 21:05:32 GMT
Cordova has a CLI. The fact that PhoneGap has one and is different is
irrelevant to this list. This is the Cordova mailing list. Why is it
different? We donated the PhoneGap source to Apache and it needs to be
different for a variety of reasons I'd be happy to share on a personal
thread or over a beer.

Plugman is consumed by the Cordova CLI. The CLI is for working with Cordova
projects whereas Plugman is utilized for working with native platforms.
(Just iOS for example.) Sometimes this is called 'separation of concerns'.

Comments like "just building apps out here, its not rocket science" are
harmful. I'm happy to help if you have a real issue but please consider
there are a large number of people working very hard as volunteers and they
don't need abuse.

We do need help though. Your emails indicate you might want to.
I'd recommend starting by reading up on wiki [1].

Even a failing test or reporting a bug for the issues (real issues) that
you helps.

Thanks!

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/ContributorWorkflow