cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] The Future of Ripple as a Top Level ASF Project
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 16:49:51 GMT
Right, it doesn't exist yet (no one's picked up working on it). +Brian made
the original pitch for it, but my understanding is that it is meant to be
adding first-class support for testing Cordova apps in the browser, but do
so by being a fully-supported cordova platform.

Another way to look at this is to say that there's already a place for
Ripple to go within Cordova. The core logic should go into cordova-browser.
Plugin logic should go into each plugin repo under the "browser" platform.
And the bridge interception piece should go into cordova-js. If there is
still need for a ripple server after all of this, then that belongs inside
of cordova-cli.