cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Generating configuration files
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 02:28:32 GMT
If it's just a matter of copying a file there, I think you can use
<resource-file> (see
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.4.0/plugin_ref_spec.md.html#Plugin%20Specification)

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Cameron Barrie <cameron@bilue.com.au> wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I'm an iOS/Android developer and am currently wrapping a 3rd party Native SDK(iOS &&
Android) in a Cordova plugin for a client.

> I'll use iOS as my examples here, but the same principles apply to the Android build.
> The SDK assumes that there is a file called config.plist, when the SDK is instantiated
it loads up it's API keys, and a variety of style elements(colors etc) for use by the SDK.

> I'd like to find a way to generate this file from the config.xml and/or the plugin.xml,
but I cannot seem to find an interface to do this within the Cordova eco-system? The config-file
element in the plugin.xml only appears to work on certain files(or I'm missing something pretty
simple).

> Any advise anyone can provide would be great, otherwise, the devs integrating the plugin
will need to open the native projects and edit these files, which isn't ideal.

> And please before anyone asks, no I am not the author of the SDK, and no, there is no
programatic way to set any of these variables(which I agree is stupid, alas that's how it's
been designed).