cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [cordova-js] do we need <clobbers/>, <merges/> ?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:41:12 GMT
It's a change of semantics. We can't just dump them. I'll admit that the
syntax is confusing - we've already discussed making it a bit nicer and
there's an old bug for making it more obvious.

*But* - less code - no, now there's more code in every plugin.
Less complexity? This is subjective.
Is this even worth putting our time into? Is this addressing a problem? I
don't think so, but that's just my opinion.

One common usage of <runs/> is to have a module tell cordova not to fire
deviceready until the plugin says it's ready. For app-harness, this change
will add significant complexity, because instead right now we include all
modules (even for those the app we're launching doesn't want), and that's a
harmless thing to do. If things change so that all modules are executed on
start-up, we'll have to re-package at runtime our version of cordova.js.