cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: 3.5.0rc1
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 19:57:04 GMT
Would love to get to a platforms-independently-released world, but am happy
to do another cadence release.

In terms of getting our act together, we need to update our cadence release
process to not have the release to dist/ as an afterthought:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/cadence-release-process.md

Any volunteers for taking a crack at it? Can be edited via pull request
right on github via clicking the "edit" button:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/cadence-release-process.md

E.g. Need to release to dist/dev *before* npm
E.g. Don't add -rc1 to versions anymore since those don't create archives
we can vote on
E.g. Probably don't need pre-emptive release branches anymore (although I
think this can be up to each platform to decide on)

Another question, can we do this without creating a v3.5.0 of the docs, as
in Steve's proposal?
https://docs
.google.com/document/d/1qwpypH7sH0wH9Sbesmg8JZow-l8IqdZtF1BtLUZb1As/edit

I think this would be a great time to switch to always edge/.